Junior Reminders for ACT Test Day on Wed., April 23, 2014.
7:35-11:30 a.m.: Testing (juniors only)
11:30 a.m.–12:36 p.m.: Lunch
12:41-2:50 p.m.: Periods 1 and 2 (all classes)
- Buses will run ON SCHEDULE for all juniors.
- BE ON TIME or you will not be permitted into the test rooms. This means you will miss taking the test and have to make it up on a later date and sit in the office for the rest of the morning.
- Since our MVHS test day must be exactly like a Saturday test day, rules will be strict. No food or drink (including water) will be allowed in the test room. Room assignments will be posted in the building.
- Do NOT bring cell phones. Students’ tests will be marked VOID if cell phones are seen or heard during testing, including break time!
- You must bring your own calculator. One will NOT be provided for you. Make sure the batteries are fresh. If you forget or do not bring one, you will take the math test without the helpfulness of a calculator. Proctors will not have any calculators on hand to lend you.
- SLEEP enough the night before and EAT a solid breakfast.
- R-E-L-A-X…just do your best and you will be great!
The cheerleading team will host the Golden Eagles Cheer Spirit Night April 22 from 5-8 p.m. at The Garlic Knot South Park, located on the southwest corner of Mineral and Windermere.
Just come in and pay $10 at the door for all-you-can-eat pizza, garlic knots, and soda (gluten-free pizza is not included). Half of the proceeds go to the cheer team.
Call to order: 303 730-1111. Order online at: garlicknotsouthpark.com.
Posted on Apr 16, 2014 - 4:17pm
Parents are invited and encouraged to attend Incoming Parent Night Wednesday, April 23 from 7-8:30 p.m. in the commons.
Topics covered include the new schedule, academic issues and resources, as well as social pitfalls and parenting through the high school years.
Students are welcome, but this night is specifically designed for parents and guardians. See you there!Posted on Apr 11, 2014 - 5:39pm
Prom is set for Friday, April 25 at Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum, 7711 E. Academy Blvd. #1 in Denver. Advisement teachers will present seniors and juniors with an invitation April 11 during Advisement.
Tickets are $45 each and can be purchased online HERE. Purchased tickets can be picked up from the Finance Office window April 21-24 from 7:15-7:30am, during lunch and after school until 3:30 p.m. Tickets can only be picked up at theses designated times.
The 2014 Prom Dance Form must be completed and turned into the main office by 2:50 p.m. Monday, April 21. After this date the form MUST be presented at the dance, scheduled for Friday, April 25. The form must be received and approved prior to purchasing tickets.
- Only one guest per student allowed.
- Guest will not be permitted to enter the event without prior approval.
- All guests must attach a copy of photo ID (student ID or driver’s license) to this form, or present one at the door.
- Students must be at least ninth grade level.
- Guest must be under 21 years of age.
- All guests must be currently attending some type of school (college, vocational school, military, etc.).
For After Prom, all participants, including guests, must have a signed permission-waiver form.
Guests of students (from other schools or MVHS sophomores and freshmen) are charged a $15 fee. Students must have a completed and signed waiver in order to obtain/purchase a ticket by April 24. Tickets will be sold before and after school and during lunch at MVHS the week of April 21. Tickets will not be sold at the door.Posted on Mar 31, 2014 - 2:44pm
The last date for seniors to turn in their Community Service Forms is May 2.
Please turn in both pages of the Community Service form to Mrs. Reed in the Copy Room. The first page details your service and the second page asks you to answer questions about the service you performed. Students can download these forms from two links on the Community Service page on the DCSD website or come by the Copy Room to get a pre-printed form.
Please see Mrs. Reed if you have questions.Posted on Mar 15, 2014 - 8:47am