2019 Wish Week
Wish Week is a week-long event where we partner with Make-A-Wish Colorado and their “Kids For Wish Kids” program to sponsor a child with a life-threatening medical condition. As a school, we hold several events throughout the week in order to raise money to grant the Wish Kid’s wish.
This year, Wish Week is February 4-9.
Last year, we were able to grant Gabby’s wish to be a famous. She wanted to use her platform to spread love and joy to kids going through a battle similar to hers. With the help of the community, we were able to grant 21 wishes!
Our Wish Kid this year is Chad. He is six years old and has Neuroblastoma, which is a rare and aggressive cancer of the Adrenal Glands. Chad’s wish is to assume the role of the “Wish Warrior.” Although he is fighting an incredibly hard battle, he is no different from other six year olds. He loves Legos, books, basketball, pizza and playing with his WWE action figures. To fulfill Chad’s wish, we will make him into the Wish Warrior!
As in the past four years we will be partnering with Be A Good Person for our shirts. We also have a new sponsor this year, Love Your Laces, whose shoe laces will be sold as part of the VIP Wish Kit. Below you will find information regarding t-shirt sales, Wish Kits, and VIP Wish Kits.
We have been working with MV Media, who is helping grant Chad’s wish. Be sure to stay tuned with their Snapchat (MV Media vista_now) and Twitter (@vista_now). To ensure that you receive all information you can follow our MV Unit Twitter (MV_Unit) or follow our REMIND APP accounts to get text reminders about upcoming events. Simply text the code that corresponds to your graduation year to the number 81010 (Class of 2019 code: @b74bk / Class of 2020 code: @2g88gf / Class of 2021 code: @7ga626 / Class of 2022 code: @a9fh4).
Schedule for the Week:
*Key Club’s Silent Auction will take place throughout the week, so be sure to take a look at the auction items (located outside the auditorium).
(The above schedule was revised Feb. 1, 2019.)
- Dress-up Theme – Last year’s blue BAGP Shirts
- Before School – Student Leadership will be opening the doors at the lower and main entrances to the school. We will be handing out miniature purple ribbons, the color of Neuroblastoma awareness, to anyone who would like one.
- If you do not receive a ribbon, come to U501!
- Assembly – The Wish Week Kick-Off Assembly will be from 10:14-10:44 a.m. Also, Wish Week events, school involvement, and more information about Chad will be discussed.
- Food – Fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings from 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- After School – Vista Idol at 7 p.m. In order to accommodate larger crowds, this event will be off site at Mission Hills Church (620 Southpark Dr., Littleton). We will also have concessions available, sponsored by The Candice Pollack Allstate Agency.
- Sign ups to tryout: Friday, January 11
- Auditions: Tuesday, January 15
- Dress-up Theme – Jersey Day (wear your favorite team’s jersey)
- After School – Jerseys should be worn to all of the following games
- Unified Basketball game at 4 p.m. (MVHS main gym)
- Girls’ basketball game at 5:30 p.m. (MVHS main gym)
- Boys’ basketball game at 7 p.m. (MVHS main gym)
- Dinner – All-You-Can-Eat Spaghetti Dinner hosted by Key Club in the Commons
- Wristband will get FREE food and $5 without (parents this is a great dinner option for you)
- Dress-up Theme – Pink Out (Chad’s favorite color)
- Lunch – Raising Cane’s
- After School – Ruff n’ Tuff (Men’s volleyball tournament) at 6:15 p.m. in both MVHS gyms
- Sign up Thursday, January 24 during SOAR for teams of eight boys only
- Dessert – Coldstone from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (located in Town Center)
- MVHS teachers and students will be scooping
- Dress-up Theme – Toga Out (take it back to the origins of wrestling)
- Advisement – Wish Rally
- FREE Lamar’s and Starbucks at MVHS (at the Wish Rally), $5 entry fee or $100 raised collectively as an Advisement class. The Advisement that raises the most gets to meet the Wish Kid!
- Wish Rally Info CLICK HERE
- After School – Wrestling (Senior Night) at 6:30 p.m. in the MVHS main gym
- Food – Costa Vida from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dress-up Theme – Wish Shirt
- $25 for shirt (youth sizes are also available)
- $30 Wish Kit (t-shirt and wristband)
- $50 VIP Wish Kit (t-shirt, wristband, Be A Good Person/ Love Your Laces limited edition shoe laces, allergic to cancer bracelet, BAGP sticker, Make a Wish Sticker, raffle entry to have a photo opportunity with the Wish Warrior)
- Assembly – The final assembly of the week will be from 9:58-10:59 a.m. The pep band will be leading everyone down to the assembly. Activities include meeting our Wish Kid, performance by MVHS students, a Miracle Minute, and school cheers. We will be granting Chad’s wish during this assembly.
- WARNING: IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE LOUD NOISES AND FLASHING LIGHTS. IF THIS AFFECTS YOUR STUDENT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, ADMINISTRATION SHOULD BE NOTIFIED. THEY WILL DISCUSS ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS WITH YOU AND YOUR STUDENT.
- After Assembly – Chad will be walking around the school. If you would like to meet him, we will let you know when he will be in each pod. We will send out more information as it gets closer. We ask that due to his weakened immune system you do not approach Chad without consent from an adult near him. Thank you for your understanding.
- Food – Chick-fil-A (University, near Valor) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- After School –
- Boys’ basketball game at 6:30 p.m. in the MVHS main gym
- The game will SELL OUT. Your ID at the door will not get you in! Be sure to pick up a ticket with your Activity Card or cash. More information will be sent out when tickets go on sale.
- WEAR YOUR WISH WEEK SHIRT FOR CHAD
- Boys’ hockey game at 7:45 p.m. at South Suburban Ice Arena. FREE Skate following the hockey game
- Boys’ basketball game at 6:30 p.m. in the MVHS main gym
- Lunch/Dinner – California Pizza Kitchen (Park Meadows). This fundraiser is all day.
T-shirt/Wish Kit Information
Sizes: Youth Small-Adult XXL
ONLINE orders: January 7-14 *YOUTH sizes can only be ordered ONLINE
In person purchases: January 28-February 8
- Shirt pick-ups begin January 29
THIS LINK includes a detailed video of how to purchase shirts and kits.
Online purchases from your school’s MySchoolBucks account. Please be sure to order them from the specific school your child attends. Do not group them into one order! **YOUTH sizes can only be ordered ONLINE**
Students have three options when purchasing their Wish Shirt:
The first option is a Wish Kit that is all inclusive (with the exception of the Friday basketball game). In each Wish Kit is a BAGP shirt and wristband. With the wristband, students get into all of the events throughout the week (Unified, Vista Idol, Ruff n’ Tuff, Spaghetti Dinner, Wrestling, Hockey, and Girls Basketball) for FREE. This is to encourage involvement and participation. Students are encouraged to purchase wristbands as it is the easiest and cheapest way to participate in all Wish Week festivities! Wish Kits are $30 and will get students into every event for the week, except the basketball game on Friday. If you do not have a wristband (adults/spectators included) there is a $5 entry fee to each event.
The second option is to purchase the VIP Wish Kit. This kit will also get students into events for free, with the exception of the basketball game on Friday. The VIP Wish Kit includes a pair of Limited Edition laces by Be A Good Person/Love Your Laces. It will also come with a Make-A-Wish Sticker and an “Allergic to Cancer” bracelet. Lastly, it will enter your student into the raffle where one lucky student will get a photo opportunity with the Wish Warrior!! These kits are $50 and ONLY AVAILABLE to the first 1,000 buyers.
**Without a wristband, each event is $5. *Disclaimer: The wristband is your ticket to events for the week! If lost, you will have to purchase another one.
*Please note: The wristband does NOT get students into the basketball game on Friday. They may use their Student ID if they have the ACT card to receive one ticket prior to the game or pay $4 for a student ticket, $7 for adults. Every person (including adults) must have a ticket to enter the game, so please pay attention for when/where they will go on sale. Tickets for the game will be pre-sold during the week and will SELL OUT! You CANNOT show up to the Main Gym Friday night without a ticket. Seniors and juniors can purchase tickets on Tuesday. Everyone else can purchase tickets beginning Wednesday.
The third option is to purchase just the Wish Shirt. Shirts are $25.
For a printable schedule of the week, CLICK HERE.