Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented Bill of Rights
You have a right to…
- know about your giftedness.
- learn something new every day.
- be passionate about your talent area without apologies.
- have an identity beyond your talent area.
- feel good about your accomplishments.
- make mistakes.
- seek guidance in the development of your talent.
- have multiple peer groups and a variety of friends.
- choose which of your talent areas you wish to pursue.
- not to be gifted at everything.
Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment courses are offered in many areas to meet the needs of our high/potential gifted students. Please refer to our current high school course catalog for a complete listing of opportunities and requirements for enrollment eligibility. In addition to academic programming options, all students create a personalized pathway to ensure post-secondary readiness through the Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) process.
Please contact David Larsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about GT Programming or Supports.
DCSD Gifted Programming Website
Referral Form for the gifted identification process