“Good Old Days”
Homecoming Week 2018 begins Monday, Sept. 17 and ends Saturday, Sept. 21. Please read the following information regarding tickets, events, and venue specifics. Thank you! Happy Homecoming Week!
Wristband & Ticket Information:
Students have the two options for attending the events of the week. The first option is a wristband that is all inclusive (with the exception of the football game). The second option is to buy entry at the door for each event.
Wristbands are $30. With the wristband, students get into all of the events throughout the week (dodgeball, softball, men’s soccer, volleyball, Unified soccer, Powder Puff, and the first 200 students that arrive at the chili cook-off and 100 at the tailgate get food) for FREE. This is to encourage involvement and participation. Students are encouraged to purchase wristbands as it is the easiest and cheapest way to participate in all Homecoming festivities! The wristband also serves as their ticket into the dance on Saturday!
- The wristband does NOT get students into the football game. They may use their Student ID if they have the ACT card to receive one ticket prior to the game or pay $4 for a student ticket. Every person must have a ticket to enter the game, so please pay attention for when/where they will go on sale. Tickets for the football game will be pre-sold during the week and will SELL OUT! You CANNOT show up to Shea without a ticket. More information to come.
- Wristbands can be purchased during lunches/SOAR — you cannot pre-order this year — in person with Venmo (@MVHSstudle), cash, or check (made out to “MVHS”) starting Friday, Sept. 7. Students will receive a wristband on the spot. The wristband is the ticket to events for the week. If lost, you will have to purchase another one. If students miss the opportunity to purchase a wristband, an entry to the dance can be bought at the door for $30 via cash or check only. Without the wristband, it is $5 for each additional event during the week students attend. The wristband is the best value and encourages students to participate in events throughout the week. The wristband is the ticket to events for the week. If lost, students will have to purchase another one.
The dance is Friday, Sept. 21. It begins at 8 p.m. and ends at 11 p.m. at the Children’s Museum of Denver, 2121 Children’s Museum Dr. in Denver, near the Downtown Aquarium and Elitch Gardens.
Have a date from another school? You can pay for his/her dance-only ticket at the door. In advance, you will also need to fill out a guest form, available in the Main Office, which is due September 17 by 2:50 p.m. to the Main Office. Guests will need to provide a photo ID at the dance.
If students wish to ride the bus to the dance they must sign up when purchasing their ticket. An additional fee of $3.00 will be charged. Space WILL be limited so please plan ahead. The bus will depart from Vista at 7:30 p.m. and return to the school at 11:30 p.m.
Passive Breathalyzers may be used for admittance to the dance.
*FREE with wristband or $5 per event.
Only MVHS students are allowed to participate in the weekday activities.
Monday, Sept. 17 — Crazy Hat and Hair Day
- Opening Assembly
- Interact Club bake sale
- *Girls Softball, 4:30 p.m. @ Vista
- *Unified, 5 p.m. @ Shea
- *Powderpuff, 7 p.m. @ Shea
Tuesday Sept. 18 — “Childhood Icon”
Ideas: jerseys, superhero’s, favorite childhood movie/TV character, band shirt
- *Dodgeball, 6:30-8:30 p.m. @ Main Gym
- *Soccer, 6 p.m. @ Shea
Wednesday Sept. 19 — Middle School Pre-Glow Up
Ideas: MRMS gear, highlighter colors, middle school sports
- *Volleyball, 5:15 p.m. @ Vista
- *Bonfire and fireworks, 7:30 p.m. @ Vista
Thursday Sept. 20 — “It’s Not a Phase, Mom” (Blackout)
- Closing Assembly
- Taste of Mountain Vista, A & B lunches, sponsored by DECA
- BTO Frozen Yogurt, Costa Vida, Kona Ice, Anthony’s Pizza, Mac ‘N Noodles, Chick-fil-A, Gigi’s Cupcakes, and Brad’s Pitt BBQ
- Students staying at school that day should be prepared to bring $10 for lunch. The commons will be closed during lunch
- *Tailgate, 5 p.m. @ Shea
- Football vs. Legacy H.S., 7 p.m. @ Shea
Friday Sept. 21 — No School (Teacher Workday)
- Tennis, 3:30 p.m. @ Vista
- Dance, 8-11 p.m. @ The Children’s Museum of Denver, 2121 Children’s Museum Dr., Denver
- In addition to the dance floor, students get unlimited access to food, drink, and all exhibits