CURRENT PARKING INFORMATION
MVHS Parking Permit Registration for 2019-20 (Juniors & Seniors Only)
Parking permits for the 2019-2020 school year can be purchased during the summer online Check-In window. The parking permit application will be completed electronically online as part of the Check-In process. The time frame will be the same window as online Check-In from July 18th to August 1st. A link will be provided in the Check-In steps to complete the application, provide vehicle information and a current driver’s license number. Students cannot be issued a parking permit without a current valid driver’s license. *Completing the application and paying for a permit does not guarantee the student a parking permit. Senior students will be given priority during the permit distribution in August. The amount of available permits for juniors will be dependent on senior distribution. If junior permits purchased during registration exceeds the available permits (based on senior demand) those junior students will be placed on a waiting list. All additional juniors and seniors who plan to get their valid driver’s license after August 6th can add their name to the waiting list. Refunds will be issued for those who are not issued a permit at the start of the school year.
Thank you for your understanding with the student parking challenges at Mountain Vista. Families have individual situations and needs regarding parking, but know we have to follow a determined process. We do our best to create the most spaces possible and distribute permits in a fair and equitable manner.
Reminders for 2019-20 student parking:
- Only 11th & 12th graders are eligible
- Online application during student online Check-In July 18th – August 1st
- $50 for the year, $25 if issued 2nd semester
- Must have a valid driver’s license (not a learner’s permit) to be issued a permit. Student’s without a driver’s license will be placed on a waiting list.
- Senior permit distribution on August 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Junior permit distribution on August 6th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Parking Permit Rules and Regulations
- I understand that a student’s vehicle parked on school grounds must be parked in my designated parking lot (assigned at registration) during the school hours of 7:35 a.m.-2:50 p.m. Vehicles parked not in the assigned lot, or occupying multiple parking spaces will be ticketed, booted, or towed according to the following schedule: NO WARNINGS, Parking in any unassigned space on campus including, but not limited to, another student lot, the staff lot, the visitor’s lot, the middle school lot, end cap, lawn, fire lane — $50 and/or booting, Parking in a handicap space without a permit — $50 and/or booting.
- I understand I must drive safely AT ALL TIMES and must not endanger myself or other persons or property through careless or reckless operation of a motor vehicle or presence in the parking lot. Reckless driving or other behaviors will result in immediate loss of parking privileges and a possible ticket from Douglas County Sheriff’s Deptartment. Please note the parking lot speed limit of 20 mph.
- I understand all student drivers must be licensed and covered by insurance. (a photocopy of your current, valid driver’s license is required at the time of parking registration).
- I understand students are not allowed to copy in any fashion, or re-sell a parking permit. Forgery and/or other dishonest behaviors involving parking will result in a fine, and loss of parking privileges for the remainder of my high school career.
- I understand one permit is $50 and permits fees are non-refundable.
- I understand that if I take 9th graders off campus in my vehicle, I will lose my parking privilege.
- I understand parking regulations will be strictly enforced and that Mountain Vista H.S. reserves the right to remove parking privileges for reasons such as (but not limited to): Drug/Alcohol violations, Hit and Run violations, habitual attendance issues, and/or habitual behavior issues.
- I understand that all vehicles parked on school property are subject to search by school administrators.