CURRENT PARKING INFORMATION
Senior and junior students may get a parking permit on either Monday, August 1 or Tuesday, August 2 during their assigned check-in times as follows. Sophomores will not be eligible for a parking permit.
Monday, August 1
- Seniors: 8-10:00 a.m.
- Juniors: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Tuesday, August 2
- Seniors: 8-9:30 a.m.
- Juniors: 10-11:30 a.m.
Please enter through the 300’s wing. It is important that seniors and juniors show up during their designated times. Students cannot pick-up permits for other students. Parents will be allowed to turn in completed paperwork and pick-up permits during assigned times in the event their senior or junior is unable.
Seniors and juniors will be assigned to parking lot based on the student’s choice and space availability.
Requirements to register for a parking permit (but does not guarantee you a permit):
- Completed application.
- $50 parking fee paid online prior to registration day.
- All outstanding fees paid to a zero-balance.
- Photocopy of valid, current driver’s license (learner’s permits are not acceptable). Please note that we are unable to make copies of driver’s licenses during registration.
Without these items, seniors and juniors will not get a parking permit.
2016-2017 PARKING PERMIT CHECKLIST AND REGISTRATION FORM
Parking Permit Rules and Regulations
1. I understand that a student’s vehicle parked on school grounds must be parked in my designated parking lot
(assigned at registration) during the school hours of 7:35 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Vehicles parked not in the assigned lot, or
occupying multiple parking spaces will be ticketed, booted, or towed according to the following schedule: NO
WARNINGS. Parking in any unassigned space on campus including, but not limited to, another student lot, the staff
lot, the visitor’s lot, the middle school lot, end cap, lawn, fire lane — $50 and/or booting, Parking in a handicap space
without a permit — $50 and/or booting.
2. I understand I must drive safely AT ALL TIMES and must not endanger myself or other persons or
property through careless or reckless operation of a motor vehicle or presence in the parking lot. Reckless
driving or other behaviors will result in immediate loss of parking privileges and a possible ticket from Douglas
County Sheriff’s Department. Please note the parking lot speed limit of 20 mph.
3. I understand all student drivers must be licensed and covered by insurance. (A photocopy of your
current, valid driver’s license is required at the time of parking registration.)
4. I understand students are not allowed to copy in any fashion, or re-sell a parking permit. Forgery
and/or other dishonest behaviors involving parking will result in a fine, and loss of parking privileges for the
remainder of my high school career.
5. I understand one permit is $50 and permits fees are non-refundable.
6. I understand that if I take 9th graders off campus in my vehicle, I will lose my parking privilege.
7. I understand parking regulations will be strictly enforced and that Mountain Vista High School reserves the
right to remove parking privileges for reasons such as (but not limited to): drug/alcohol violations, hit and run
violations, habitual attendance issues, and/or habitual behavior issues.
8. I understand that all vehicles parked on school property are subject to search by school administrators.