CURRENT PARKING INFORMATION
Students may get a parking permit Tuesday, Aug. 4 during his/her school-assigned registration times.
Instead of assigning individual parking spots, we will assign a parking lot based on student choice and space available.
Requirements to register for a parking permit (but does not guarantee you a permit):
- Completed application
- $50 parking fee paid online prior to registration day
- All outstanding fees paid to a zero-balance
- Photocopy of valid, current driver’s license (learner’s permits are not acceptable)
Without these items, students will not get a parking permit.
2015-2016 PARKING PERMIT CHECKLIST AND REGISTRATION FORM
Parking Permit Rules and Regulations
1. I understand that a student’s vehicle parked on school grounds must be parked in my designated parking lot
(assigned at registration) during the school hours of 7:35 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Vehicles parked not in the assigned lot, or
occupying multiple parking spaces will be ticketed, booted, or towed according to the following schedule: NO
WARNINGS. Parking in any unassigned space on campus including, but not limited to, another student lot, the staff
lot, the visitor’s lot, the middle school lot, end cap, lawn, fire lane — $50 and/or booting, Parking in a handicap space
without a permit — $50 and/or booting.
2. I understand I must drive safely AT ALL TIMES and must not endanger myself or other persons or
property through careless or reckless operation of a motor vehicle or presence in the parking lot. Reckless
driving or other behaviors will result in immediate loss of parking privileges and a possible ticket from Douglas
County Sheriff’s Department. Please note the parking lot speed limit of 20 mph.
3. I understand all student drivers must be licensed and covered by insurance. (A photocopy of your
current, valid driver’s license is required at the time of parking registration.)
4. I understand students are not allowed to copy in any fashion, or re-sell a parking permit. Forgery
and/or other dishonest behaviors involving parking will result in a fine, and loss of parking privileges for the
remainder of my high school career.
5. I understand one permit is $50 and permits fees are non-refundable.
6. I understand that if I take 9th graders off campus in my vehicle, I will lose my parking privilege.
7. I understand parking regulations will be strictly enforced and that Mountain Vista High School reserves the
right to remove parking privileges for reasons such as (but not limited to): drug/alcohol violations, hit and run
violations, habitual attendance issues, and/or habitual behavior issues.
8. I understand that all vehicles parked on school property are subject to search by school administrators.