CURRENT PARKING INFORMATION
We are not selling parking permits at this time. The parking lot is full.
Ticketing commenced August 24. Your car is subject to ticketing if you do not have a valid permit.
2012-2013 PARKING PERMIT CHECKLIST AND REGISTRATION FORM
- Did I pay the $50 ($25 for second semester) parking permit fee at registration or to bookkeeping?
- Do I have a zero balance for any additional fees in Infinite Campus?
- Did I complete the 2012-13 Parking Registration Form, have a parent or guardian sign it and turn it in to the MVHS main office?
- Did I make a legible photocopy of my driver’s license to submit with my registration form?
- Do I have a valid MVHS student ID to present when I receive my permit in August?
If any of the above are not met, a permit will not be issued.
Parking Permit Rules and Regulations
1. I understand that a student’s vehicle parked on school grounds must display a current MVHS permit on the driver’s side, front windshield and be parked in the designated area during the school hours of 7:35 a.m.-2:50 p.m. Vehicles parked without a valid permit, not in the assigned area, or occupying multiple parking spaces will be ticketed, booted, or towed according to the following schedule: NO WARNINGS
- No visible permit on vehicle – $10
- Parking in the staff lot or visitor’s lot – $20
- Occupying multiple spaces – $15
- Parking in a handicap space – $50 (Students may also receive a Douglas County ticket for this violation)
- Sixth Offense – $100/removal of boot
- Misc. violations (fire lane, end cap, lawn, etc.) – $20
2. If for some reason a different family vehicle or a brand new vehicle is driven to school, it is the student’s responsibility to obtain a temporary permit for the day from the parking office in L500 as soon as they arrive on campus. Any vehicle without a visible permit is subject to ticketing without warning.
3. I understand I must drive safely AT ALL TIMES and must not endanger myself or other persons or property through careless or reckless operation of a motor vehicle or presence in the parking lot. Reckless driving or other behaviors will result in immediate loss of parking privileges. Please note the parking lot speed limit of 10 mph.
4. I understand all student drivers must be licensed and covered by insurance.
5. I understand students are not allowed to copy in any fashion, or re-sell a parking permit.
6. I understand one permit is $50 and permits fees are non-refundable.
7. I understand that if I take 9th graders off campus in my vehicle, I will lose my parking privilege.
8. I understand parking regulations will be strictly enforced.
9. I understand that any forgery, alteration or any misrepresentation of an MVHS parking permit will result in a $50 fine and loss of driving privileges for up to and including the remainder of my high school career.